I titled the last post “Aloha” because I’m in Kauai with Sammy and Sophie, flying back to California tomorrow. It’s been a great trip:
- We flew in and landed late Friday night, and basically just crashed in our condo in Poipu since it was around 11pm (2am our time).
- Saturday we had breakfast at the Grand Hyatt next door, shopped for groceries, and visited the pool and beach.
- Sunday we used the pool, made reservations, and had a luau.
- Monday was a raft ride up the Na Pali coast.
- Tuesday was a kayak and zipline adventure.
- Wednesday we hiked the Waimea Canyon.
- Thursday was a pool and beach day, at Salt Pond Beach Park.
- Today was a helicopter tour, followed by waterfall visits.
- Tomorrow we’ll visit Poipu one more time, then pack and drive up to Kilauea Lighthouse before red eye home.
Kauai is an amazing island: Laid back, verdant, friendly, and charming. I can’t wait to return here.