Between the presidential debate, round the clock coverage from Wall Street and watching my team completely punk the Cowboys, it’s been a busy week….but busy doesn’t mean that I’m not still enjoying all the fresh Video Downloads straight from the oven. Here’s the stuff that I’ve been watching over and over this week. –John
- Veracifier: John McCain: A Chicken in Every Pot. With everything happening today on Wall Street, it’s interesting to use the way-back machine to look at the interviews that Senator McCain gave to the morning news shows regarding his “the fundamentals of the economy are sound” speech. The power of editing is not his friend.
- Break.com: Mary Poppins jumps off a bridge. Why is it funny to me to watch a guy hurt himself by jumping off a bridge while holding an umbrella in an attempt to fly? Because I tried it. Every year when I was a kid, my family would order a huge load of firewood for the winter that would get dumped into our driveway for my sister and I to stack up. One year, I decided that if I took the umbrella from the patio furniture (a huge umbrella meant to shade a whole table) and jumped off the top of the 15 foot pile that I would float…even if only for a moment. Needless to say, I did not and I still have the scar on my knee to prove it.
- CNET: Must Have Gadgets. It’s been a while since I’ve highlighted CNET (one of my all-time, can’t miss favorites each week) but this time it’s not really about that tiny phone they reviewed or the latest uber-powerful gaming PC they’re playing with. No, this week I’m convinced that Brian Cooley (one of CNET’s editors-at-large) has the coolest job in the world. Almost every week, Brian’s got a piece of the show dedicated to driving some super awesome tech’d-out car through the streets of San Francisco. He’s the luckiest man on the planet.
- The WB.com: Sorority Forever. Yes, it’s true. I’m addicted to this web-only drama series all about the trials and tribulations of a sorority that’s involved in something mysterious. It’s fluffy drama that’s great for watching in-between commercial breaks for live prime time viewing or for burning a half an hour here or there during a lazy weekend. It’s great fun and I’m totally into it.
- The Totally Rad Show: Flume. It’s no secret that I’m a fanboy for this weekly show about the latest in movies, games, TV, and comics — but this week’s episode struck a special chord with me. We’ve all been a bit “Rock Band” crazy since about this time last year with many a Friday/Saturday/Tuesday night completely blown trying to get to the next venue. So seeing the boys of TRS playing “Rock Band 2″ was awesome…and can partially be blamed for my blown weekend of “Rock Band 2″ madness.