In Excel, hit Ctrl plus the Space Bar to select the entire column of your active or selected cells. (Then you can delete all the cell contents with the delete key, or copy with Ctrl+C or whatever you like.)
Similarly, Shift plus the Space Bar selects the entire row of cells.
For example, suppose you want to move a column. Follow these steps:
- Move your cursor to some cell in the column you want to move. (Remember you can press F5 to instantly go anywhere.)
- Press Ctrl+Space Bar. The entire column is selected.
- Press Ctrl+X to Cut the column.
- Move your cursor to the location right where you want the column inserted.
- Press Shift+F10 to display the shortcut menu.
- Using the arrow keys and Enter, select the Insert Cut Cells command.